Big 5: Lion - 2019 Proof Fine Silver High Relief Coin
- 2019 2oz Proof Fine Silver High Relief $20 Coin
- Issued on behalf of the Bank of Sierra Leone
- Issue: 500
- Presented in a unique acrylic box with a sleeve certifying the authenticity
- 5 Coin Set Presentation box is now available - Sold Separately!
We are delighted to announce the release of the second coin in a series of five featuring the Big Five African Animals. The first coin featuring the Elephant proved to be extremely popular and the next coin, featuring the Lion, we are sure will be a ‘roaring’ success. Issued on behalf of Sierra Leone, these new coins are being produced in magnificent High Relief which really shows the power of these animals and illustrate the appeal of these ‘famous five’.
The coin has been produced in stunning High Relief in 2oz Fine Silver and features the head of a Lion styled as though it is an African mask. The special incused rim features an African pattern to continue the theme. This is the second coin in the series and a further three coins will be released featuring the remaining animals known as the ‘Big Five’.
The second coin in the series features the undisputed King of the Savannah – the Lion. The world’s second largest cat, a male lion can be 3.3 metres in length (which does not include his tail) and weight up to 250 kg. Most safari sightings are of cats sleeping in the shade as lions are more active at night when they hunt for their prey.Show more
When considering a safari holiday, the term the ‘Big Five’ refers to some of Africa’s most popular – the Elephant, the Lion, the Leopard, the Rhino and the Buffalo. The phrase was originally coined to describe the five most difficult and dangerous animals to hunt on foot but nowadays the term is used by most guides and tourists as a term to encapsulate the ‘must see’. The Big Five are a huge part of the African culture and the conservation of these incredible animals is of paramount importance. National parks, like Kruger, in South Africa play an essential role providing a protective area for tourists to see the Big Five together but at the same time enabling conservation of natural habitats for these endangered species which will hopefully allow future generations to enjoy these magnificent animals.
|Coin Effect||High Relief Coins|
|Metal||2oz Proof Fine 999. Silver High Relief|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
UK (Including Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey) delivery charges:
- FREE Standard UK Delivery for orders over £50.00 - 3-5 business days - (Please note, the £50 spend does not include VAT and will apply to all orders under £50)
- £3.00 - Standard UK Delivery - 3-5 business days
- £8.99 - Next Day Delivery (When ordered before 1:00pm - Excludes Pre-Order Items)
- £11.22 - Next Day Delivery Saturday (Guaranteed by 1.30pm)
- £19.26 - Next Day Delivery Saturday (Guaranteed by 9.30am)
Europe (Excl United Kingdom) delivery charges:
- £0 - £59.99 £5.00
- £60.00 - £149.99 £7.50
- £150.00 - £300.00 £10.00
- £301.00 - £799.99 £15.00
- £800.00 - £4999.99 £25.00
Rest of the World delivery charges:
- £0 - £300.00 £15.00
- £301.00 - £799.99 £20.00
- £800.00 - £1249.99 £50.00
- £1250.00 - £2999.99 £80.00
- £3000.00 - £4999.99+ £100.00
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.