Bicentenary of Queen Victoria - Two Portraits- 2019 Fine Silver 1oz Piedfort (2oz total weight) Ultra High Relief
- 2019 Fine Silver 1oz Piedfort (2oz total weight) Ultra High Relief $10 Coin
- Issued on behalf of the British Virgin Islands
- Issue Limit: 650
- Unique presentation Walnut Box and Certificate of Authenticity
- Produced in Ultra High Relief
This year marks the 200th Anniversary of the Birth of Queen Victoria, one of the best loved British Monarchs. To celebrate this Bi-Centenary, Pobjoy Mint are excited to announce the release of a magnificent new Ultra High Relief coin on behalf of the British Virgin Islands Government.
The design on the coin itself features two portraits – one of a young Queen Victoria and the other of Queen Victoria in later years. Two sprays of flowers are included in the design – Hawthorn on the left and Lily of the Valley on the right – the birth flowers for the month of May. The obverse of the coin features the exclusive Pobjoy Mint effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The coin is available as an Ultra High Relief Fine Silver 1oz Piedfort (2oz in total weight).Show more
Born on 24th May 1819 at Kensington Palace in London, Queen Victoria was Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland from 20th June 1837 until her death on 22nd January 1901. Her reign of 63 years and seven months was longer than that of any of her predecessors and was known as the Victoria Era. It was a period of industrial, cultural, political, scientific and military change within the United Kingdom and resulted in the expansion of the British Empire.
During the reign of Queen Victoria, the harvesting of sale was once an annual tradition on Salt Islands in the Virgin Islands. The residents would gather once a year to harvest the salt from the lake and it became customary for the Administrator of the Virgin Islands and later the Governor of the Virgin Islands to send one pound of salt to the Monarch on the Queen’s Birthday. Over time this tradition disappeared but in 2015, the Governor of the British Virgin Islands decided to renew the tradition and for the first time in many years a pound of salt from Salt Island was presented to the Sovereign. It is therefore very apt that this amazing new Ultra High Relief fine Silver coin has been released on behalf of the British Virgin Islands.
|Government||British Virgin Islands|
|Coin Effect||High Relief Coins|
|Metal||Fine Silver 1oz Piedfort (2oz total weight) Ultra High Relief $10 Coin|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
UK (Including Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey) delivery charges:
- FREE Standard UK Delivery for orders over £50.00 - 3-5 business days - (Please note, the £50 spend does not include VAT and will apply to all orders under £50)
- £3.00 - Standard UK Delivery - 3-5 business days
- £8.99 - Next Day Delivery (When ordered before 1:00pm - Excludes Pre-Order Items)
- £11.22 - Next Day Delivery Saturday (Guaranteed by 1.30pm)
- £19.26 - Next Day Delivery Saturday (Guaranteed by 9.30am)
Europe (Excl United Kingdom) delivery charges:
- £0 - £59.99 £5.00
- £60.00 - £149.99 £7.50
- £150.00 - £300.00 £10.00
- £301.00 - £799.99 £15.00
- £800.00 - £4999.99 £25.00
Rest of the World delivery charges:
- £0 - £300.00 £15.00
- £301.00 - £799.99 £20.00
- £800.00 - £1249.99 £50.00
- £1250.00 - £2999.99 £80.00
- £3000.00 - £4999.99+ £100.00
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.