Mythical Creatures: Medusa - 2018 2oz Proof Fine Silver High Relief with Antique Finish Coin
- 2018 2oz Proof Fine Silver Ultra High Relief £4 with Antique Finish
- Issued on behalf of the British Indian Ocean Territory
- Issue: 650
- Presented in a unique acrylic box with a sleeve certifying the authenticity
Following the release of the first three coins, this series of five 2oz Fine Silver coins illustrating famous myths known the world over has proven to be extremely popular and we are therefore delighted to announce the release of the fourth coin. This coin features the snake-headed Gorgon, Medusa in stunning 2oz Fine Silver produced in High Relief with Antique Finished which brings the amazing featured character to life.
Designed to thrill, entertain and inspire the listeners, the ancient Myths contain morals which teach different virtues: love, courage, self-reliance and strength. They also teach that vices such as jealousy, greed, treachery and greed have consequences.
The image on the coin shows Medusa surround by figures that have been turned into stone and Neptune’s trident can be seen in the surrounding water. The high relief and antique finish effects on the coin bring this mythical character to life, emphasising the venomous snakes in place of her hair. A final coin will be released to add to this series featuring The Centaur.Show more
Medusa was originally a beautiful young woman whose crowning glory was her long hair and she was therefore desired and courted by many suitors. Before she could be betrothed to a husband, Neptune found her worshipping in the temple of Athena and ravished her. Athena was so angry that her sacred temple had been violated she turned Medusa’s beautiful tresses into snakes which gave her the power to turn anything who looked directly at her into stone.
|Government||British Indian Ocean Territory|
|Coin Effect||High Relief Coins|
|Metal||2oz Proof Fine 999. Silver Ultra High Relief £4|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
UK (Including Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey) delivery charges:
- FREE Standard UK Delivery for orders over £50.00 - 3-5 business days - (Please note, the £50 spend does not include VAT and will apply to all orders under £50)
- £3.00 - Standard UK Delivery - 3-5 business days
- £8.99 - Next Day Delivery (When ordered before 1:00pm - Excludes Pre-Order Items)
- £11.22 - Next Day Delivery Saturday (Guaranteed by 1.30pm)
- £19.26 - Next Day Delivery Saturday (Guaranteed by 9.30am)
Europe (Excl United Kingdom) delivery charges:
- £0 - £59.99 £5.00
- £60.00 - £149.99 £7.50
- £150.00 - £300.00 £10.00
- £301.00 - £799.99 £15.00
- £800.00 - £4999.99 £25.00
Rest of the World delivery charges:
- £0 - £300.00 £15.00
- £301.00 - £799.99 £20.00
- £800.00 - £1249.99 £50.00
- £1250.00 - £2999.99 £80.00
- £3000.00 - £4999.99+ £100.00
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.