Queen Elizabeth II Sapphire Coronation: The Lion and The Unicorn - 2018 Uncirculated Cupro Nickel Coin
Mythical Creatures: The Siren - 2018 2oz Proof Fine Silver High Relief with Antique Finish Coin
- 2018 2oz Proof Fine Silver Ultra High Relief £4 with Antique Finish
- Issued on behalf of the British Indian Ocean Territory
- Issue: 650
- Presented in a unique acrylic box with a sleeve certifying the authenticity
The famous mythological stories, tales and legends are designed to entertain, thrill and inspire the listeners. These ancient Myths contain morals teaching the virtues of love, courage, strength and self-reliance. They also teach the consequences of vices associated with jealousy, greed, deceit and treachery.
The famous stories with their monsters and scary creatures are known the world over and this stunning issue of five 2oz Fine Silver coins has been produced in High Relief with each coin being Antique Finished by hand bringing these amazing characters to life.
The first coin being issued features The Siren. A further four coins will be released to add to this series featuring The Hydra, The Minotaur, The Centaur and Medusa.
The Sirens were beautiful but dangerous creatures, usually depicted as mermaids, that lured the sailors with their beautiful voices and music to their doom, causing the ships to crash on the rocks near their island. The image of the coin depicts a Siren sitting on the rocks playing her harp. The skulls that can be seen around her on the rocks represent the sailors that had previously been lured and their ships wrecked. The latest ship to be attracted to the wonderful music can be seen in the background.
|Government||British Indian Ocean Territory|
|Coin Effect||High Relief Coins|
|Metal||2oz Proof Fine 999. Silver Ultra High Relief £4|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
UK (Including Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey) delivery charges:
- FREE Standard UK Delivery for orders over £50.00 - 3-5 business days - (Please note, the £50 spend does not include VAT and will apply to all orders under £50)
- £3.00 - Standard UK Delivery - 3-5 business days
- £8.99 - Next Day Delivery (When ordered before 1:00pm - Excludes Pre-Order Items)
- £11.22 - Next Day Delivery Saturday (Guaranteed by 1.30pm)
- £19.26 - Next Day Delivery Saturday (Guaranteed by 9.30am)
Europe (Excl United Kingdom) delivery charges:
- £0 - £59.99 £5.00
- £60.00 - £149.99 £7.50
- £150.00 - £300.00 £10.00
- £301.00 - £799.99 £15.00
- £800.00 - £4999.99 £25.00
Rest of the World delivery charges:
- £0 - £300.00 £15.00
- £301.00 - £799.99 £20.00
- £800.00 - £1249.99 £50.00
- £1250.00 - £2999.99 £80.00
- £3000.00 - £4999.99+ £100.00
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.