Queen Elizabeth II Sapphire Coronation: Two Portraits - Proof Fine Silver Ultra High Relief Incused Coin
- 2018 Proof Fine Silver Ultra High Relief $10 Incused Coin
- Issued on behalf of the British Virgin Islands
- Issue: 650
- Unique presentation black box and certificate
- Also available as: Uncirculated Cupro Nickel
On 2nd June 1953, the attention of millions of people worldwide was on Westminster Abbey for the Coronation of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II following the death of her father, King George VI just over a year earlier. To commemorate this historic event, Pobjoy Mint is releasing a very special coin on behalf of the Government of the British Virgin Islands which has been produced in 1oz Piedfort Fine Silver, so, therefore, has a weight of 2oz, and combines two technical special effects. The portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is struck in amazing ULTRA HIGH RELIEF while the portrait of His Majesty King George VI appears INCUSED on the coin.
The coin features a portrait of His Majesty King George VI taken from one of the last coins of his reign on the right with a portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II taken from one of the first coins of her reign on the left. St Edwards Crown, which is part of the Crown Jewels, is also incorporated into the design along with contoured lines representing the bond between Her Majesty and her father.
The obverse of the coin features a portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II produced exclusively for Pobjoy Mint.
The coin will also be available in Unc. Cupro Nickel with the portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in normal relief and the portrait of His Majesty King George VI slightly incused.Show more
The Coronation of Her Majesty was held at Westminster Abbey which has been the setting for every Coronation since 1066. The responsibility for organising the Coronation of a monarch belongs to the current Earl Marshal, a position which has been undertaken by the Duke of Norfolk since 1386. The Queen was crowned in St Edward’s Chair, made in 1300 for Edward I and used at every Coronation since that time. St Edward’s Crown, made in 1661, was placed on the head of Her Majesty during the Coronation service.
|Government||British Virgin Islands|
|Coin Effect||High Relief Coins|
|Metal||Proof Fine Silver Ultra High Relief Incused|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
UK (Including Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey) delivery charges:
- FREE Standard UK Delivery for orders over £50.00 - 3-5 business days - (Please note, the £50 spend does not include VAT and will apply to all orders under £50)
- £3.00 - Standard UK Delivery - 3-5 business days
- £8.99 - Next Day Delivery (When ordered before 1:00pm - Excludes Pre-Order Items)
- £11.22 - Next Day Delivery Saturday (Guaranteed by 1.30pm)
- £19.26 - Next Day Delivery Saturday (Guaranteed by 9.30am)
Europe (Excl United Kingdom) delivery charges:
- £0 - £59.99 £5.00
- £60.00 - £149.99 £7.50
- £150.00 - £300.00 £10.00
- £301.00 - £799.99 £15.00
- £800.00 - £4999.99 £25.00
Rest of the World delivery charges:
- £0 - £300.00 £15.00
- £301.00 - £799.99 £20.00
- £800.00 - £1249.99 £50.00
- £1250.00 - £2999.99 £80.00
- £3000.00 - £4999.99+ £100.00
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.