Isle of Man 2014 - Winter Olympic Series - Coloured Cupro Nickel 4 Coin Set
- 2014 Coloured Uncirculated Cupro Nickel coin series
- Issued on behalf of the Isle of Man
- Coloured Uncirculated Cupro Nickel crowns
- Issue: Unlimited
- Presented in a unique blue pouch
- Series also available as: Coloured Proof Sterling Silver, Proof Sterling Silver, Uncirculated Cupro Nickel
On behalf of the Isle of Man, Pobjoy Mint is pleased to announce the release of an exciting new series of commemorative coins celebrating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics (7-23 February 2014). These games, the first held in Russia since the break-up of the Soviet Union, welcomed 88 competing nations and this series provides a perfect reminder of this incredible sporting event.Show more
To mark this special occasion, Pobjoy Mint’s highly collectable coin series of uncirculated cupro nickel crowns depict four of the 98 events featured at the 22nd Winter Olympic Games and include:
- The Luge – showcasing a one-person sled in action on the track, the first organised meeting of this luge took place in Switzerland in 1883 and the sport was later introduced to the Olympic Winter Games in 1964
- Figure Skating – depicting a pair of figure skaters, this sport was the first to be included in the Olympics in 1908. Pair skating teams, as shown on the coin, consist of a man and a woman who perform elements specific to the discipline
- Curling – invented in mediaeval Scotland, the first written reference to this event was in 1541. Curling has been an official Winter Olympic Games sport since the 1998 Olympics and this coin shows a single player in action setting their curling stone towards the ‘house’.
- Alpine Skiing – this coin design incorporates a slalom skier in an event contested at every Winter Olympics since 1936. The word ‘slalom’ comes from Norwegian and this event makes up one of two main technical events in alpine ski racing.
Available in Cupro Nickel and Proof Sterling Silver, each IOM coin depicts three snowflakes specially coloured to give a frosty appearance.
The obverse of the coin features an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Lord of Mann, by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS. Ian Rank-Broadley is one of the foremost sculptors working today. His effigy of H.M. Queen Elizabeth II has appeared on all UK coinage since 1998 and Pobjoy Mint has exclusive use of the ‘uncouped’ effigy that appears on the obverse of these collector’s coins.
|Government||Isle of Man|
|Coin Metal||Cupro Nickel|
|Coin Effect||Fifty Pence|
|Metal||Uncirculated Cupro Nickel Crown|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
USA delivery charges:
- $0 - $69.99 = $5.00
- $70.00-$149.99 = $8.00
- $150.00-$229.99 = $10.00
- $230.00-$499.99 = $15.00
- $500.00-$749.99 = $20.00
- $750.00-$999.99 = $25.00
- $1000 - $4999.99 = $35.00
- $5,000 + = $50.00
North and South America (Excl USA) delivery charges:
$0 - $49.99 = $10.00
$50.00-$99.99 = $20.00
$100.00-$199.99 = $30.00
$200.00-$499.99 = $40.00
$500.00-$999.99 = $50.00
$1000 - $4999.99 + = 100.00
UPDATE 01/09/21 FOR BRAZIL AND PERU: delivering to Brazil and Peru is temporarily enabled but with restrictions. Due to covid19 local postal services are having issues delivering to certain locations within these two countries and some parcels are getting lost. We are working towards finding a solution but in the meantime, we cannot guarantee safe delivery, the purchase is at buyer's discretion.
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.