Brazil 2016 Summer Olympics - Uncirculated Cupro Nickel Coin Set
- 2016 Uncirculated Cupro Nickel coin set
- Issued on behalf of British Virgin Islands
- Issue: Unlimited
- Unique presentation box
- Set also available as: Coloured Proof Sterling Silver, Proof Sterling Silver, Coloured Cupro Nickel
In previous years Pobjoy Mint has always issued coins to commemorate the Olympic Games. The 2016 Summer Olympics are no exception and we are delighted to announce the release of a series of four coins on behalf of the British Virgin Islands.
The Games will take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from 5th to 21 August 2016. 10,500 athletes from 205 countries will contest 306 different events over 28 sports during the two and a half weeks of competition – all aiming to achieve the goal of being awarded the Gold Medal.
The designs on the four coins include two new sports which are making a welcome return to the Games after a long absence and two of the newer events. The coins are also available with the two ribbons featuring the Brazilian flag and Union Jack coloured making these coins a wonderful tribute to what is sure to be a colourful Olympic Games.
- The first design features Golf which is returning to the Games after 112 years. The image shown is that of a male golfer with a torch in the foreground.
- The next design features Rugby Sevens which is returning after a 92 year absence and shows a diving player with a Macaw, representing Rio de Janeiro, in the background.
- The third deign represents the Triathlon which appears for the 5th time in 2016 and shows a swimmer transforming into a cyclist who in turn transforms into a runner, illustrating the three disciplines. A map of Brazil can be seen in the background.
- The final design shows a female beach volleyball player diving for the ball with a lady in full Rio Carnival costume in the background. Beach Volleyball was first contested at the Games in 1996.
The coins are available in Uncirculated Cupro Nickel and Proof Sterling Silver and each beautifully engineered precious metal coin has been struck four times to produce the superlative Pobjoy proof finish.Show more
The design features an image of each sport and another one representing either the Olympic Games or the host nation. Each coin also features two ribbons, one which carries the Brazilian Flag and the other showing the Union Jack. The obverse of each coin carries an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II exclusively by Pobjoy Mint.
Available as a set in an exclusive Pobjoy Mint four coin set red box.
|Government||British Virgin Islands|
|Coin Metal||Cupro Nickel|
|Metal||Uncirculated Cupro Nickel $1|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
USA delivery charges:
- $0 - $69.99 = $5.00
- $70.00-$149.99 = $8.00
- $150.00-$229.99 = $10.00
- $230.00-$499.99 = $15.00
- $500.00-$749.99 = $20.00
- $750.00-$999.99 = $25.00
- $1000 - $4999.99 = $35.00
- $5,000 + = $50.00
North and South America (Excl USA) delivery charges:
$0 - $49.99 = $10.00
$50.00-$99.99 = $20.00
$100.00-$199.99 = $30.00
$200.00-$499.99 = $40.00
$500.00-$999.99 = $50.00
$1000 - $4999.99 + = 100.00
UPDATE 01/09/21 FOR BRAZIL AND PERU: delivering to Brazil and Peru is temporarily enabled but with restrictions. Due to covid19 local postal services are having issues delivering to certain locations within these two countries and some parcels are getting lost. We are working towards finding a solution but in the meantime, we cannot guarantee safe delivery, the purchase is at buyer's discretion.
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.