British Virgin Islands 2012 - Olympic Collection: Football - Uncirculated Cupro Nickel Coin
- 2012 Uncirculated Cupro Nickel Coin
- Issued on behalf of the British Virgin Islands
- Issue: 10,000
- Unique presentation pouch
- Also available as: Coloured Proof Sterling Silver, Proof Sterling Silver, Coloured Uncirculated Cupro Nickel
- Proof Sterling Silver 4 Coin Set Available
Pobjoy Mint is delighted to announce that the British Virgin Islands (BVI) Olympic Collection coins have been re-issued with a 2012 year date.
These stunning proof sterling silver collector's coins are available individually or as a four coin set. Each features an image of London along with a popular sporting event.
This beautiful coin shows one of the most popular sports in the United Kingdom (and perhaps the World), football. Two players are shown chasing after the ball with the Dome in the background.Show more
Other coins within the set include:
- A gymnast performing on a pommel horse. This sport is predominately performed by male gymnasts due to the physical strength required. In the background is the famous London Clock Tower which houses Big Ben, the bell which chimes over the Houses of Parliament.
- A mounted equestrian competing in the old tradition of dressage. Dressage was initially developed as a method of training horses for war and includes displays of rider control and horse obedience. In the background is the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich which incorporates the National Maritime Museum.
- The historical sport of Fencing. The art of formalized dueling dates back to pre-Roman times, but William Shakespeare is said to have been the first person to use the word ‘fence’ in reference to English Swordsmanship. The two fencers on the coin are engaging in competition. The Tower of London is featured in the background.
All designs feature the word ‘Olympic’ below the sportsman and the Union Flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland features at the base of the coin.
Approved by Buckingham Palace the obverse of each 2012 dated commemorative coin carries a unique double effigy showing a portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as she appears on current coins, along with a portrait of The Queen based on how she appeared on the first coins of her reign to celebrate Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee Year.
The coins are available in Cupro Nickel and Proof Sterling Silver. This coin is also available with the Union Jack specially coloured to create a striking effect.
|Government||British Virgin Islands|
|Coin Metal||Cupro Nickel Coins|
|Metal||Uncirculated Cupro Nickel|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
USA delivery charges:
- $0 - $69.99 = $5.00
- $70.00-$149.99 = $9.00
- $150.00-$229.99 = $12.00
- $230.00-$499.99 = $15.00
- $500.00-$749.99 = $20.00
- $750.00-$999.99 = $25.00
- $1000 - $4999.99 = $35.00
- $5,000 + = $50.00
North and South America (Excl USA) delivery charges:
$0 - $49.99 = $15.00
$50.00-$99.99 = $25.00
$100.00-$199.99 = $35.00
$200.00-$499.99 = $40.00
$500.00-$999.99 = $50.00
$1000 - $4999.99 + = 100.00
UPDATE 01/09/21 FOR BRAZIL AND PERU: delivering to Brazil and Peru is temporarily enabled but with restrictions.
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.