Located in the South Atlantic Ocean, Ascension Island (ASC) is part of the United Kingdom’s overseas territory of St Helena, Ascension and Tristan de Cunha. Named Ascension after being rediscovered in 1503 on Ascension Day, Ascension Island was an important safe haven as a coaling station to mariners and a refuelling stop for commercial airliners back in the days of international air travel by flying boats. During World War II, it was an important naval and air station, especially providing antisubmarine warfare bases in the Battle of the Atlantic. It was also a NASA tracking station for the Apollo Lunar Programme.
Items 13-19 of 19
- Ascension Island 2012 - HM Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Series: Young Portrait - Cupro NickelRegular Price US$19.95 Special Price US$9.95
- Lifetime of Service by HM Queen Elizabeth II and HRH Prince Philip - 2011 Unc. Cupro Nickel Coin - ASCRegular Price US$19.95 Special Price US$9.95
- The Royal Wedding: Doves - 2011 Unc. Cupro Nickel £2 Coin - ASCRegular Price US$19.95 Special Price US$9.95
- Ascension Island 2014 - Centenary of World War I - Uncirculated Cupro Nickel Coin SetRegular Price US$39.00 Special Price US$17.95
- Ascension Island 2014 - Centenary of World War I: Signing of the Armistice - Coloured Cupro NickelRegular Price US$27.95 Special Price US$12.95
- Ascension Island 2013 - Baroness Thatcher, LG. OM. PC. FRS - Uncirculated Cupro Nickel CoinRegular Price US$19.95 Special Price US$9.95