Isle of Man 2003 - 100th Anniversary of Powered Flight - Uncirculated Cupro Nickel
- 2003 Uncirculated Cupro Nickel
- Issued on behalf of the Isle of Man
- Issue: Unlimited
- Unique presentation pouch
To celebrate this Centenary of Powered Flight, the Isle of Man Government has approved the release of two superb crowns which portray the evolution of flight from 1903, through the intervening years to the present day.
Since Orville Wright climbed aboard the ‘Wright Flyer’ on 17th December 1903 and piloted the aircraft for 120 feet which made history as the first powered flying machine to have taken off from level ground, travel through the air and land under the control of its pilot, aviation has made remarkable progress and now aeroplanes carry millions of passengers all over the world and we can even fly to the moon and back.
The second coin features a further four aircraft which show the evolution of aviation from 1927 to the present day. The aircraft shown on this coin are:
- The Spirit of Louis, the Ryan monoplane in which Charles Lindbergh completed the first solo non-stop transatlantic flight from 20th-21st May 1927.
- The Graf Zeppelin, which completed the first round-the-world airship flight in 1929.
- A Comet of B.O.A.C., which completed the first transatlantic jet passenger service from New York to London on 4th October 1958.
- Concorde, which is the world’s only supersonic passenger aircraft and started the first regular scheduled supersonic flights in 1976.
Available in cupro nickel, proof sterling silver and proof fine 1/5oz gold, the precious metal versions are struck four times and feature frosted high relief sculpting against a mirror brilliant background. The obverse of each coin bears a fine effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS FSNAD.
|Coin Year||2000 - 2004|
|Government||Isle of Man|
|Coin Metal||Cupro Nickel Coins|
|Metal||Uncirculated Cupro Nickel|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
USA delivery charges:
- $0 - $69.99 = $5.00
- $70.00-$149.99 = $9.00
- $150.00-$229.99 = $12.00
- $230.00-$499.99 = $15.00
- $500.00-$749.99 = $20.00
- $750.00-$999.99 = $25.00
- $1000 - $4999.99 = $35.00
- $5,000 + = $50.00
North and South America (Excl USA) delivery charges:
$0 - $49.99 = $15.00
$50.00-$99.99 = $25.00
$100.00-$199.99 = $35.00
$200.00-$499.99 = $40.00
$500.00-$999.99 = $50.00
$1000 - $4999.99 + = 100.00
UPDATE 01/09/21 FOR BRAZIL AND PERU: delivering to Brazil and Peru is temporarily enabled but with restrictions.
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.