Ocean Zones - 2016 Uncirculated Cupro Nickel Coin Set
- 2016 Uncirculated Cupro Nickel £2 Coin
- Issued on behalf of South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
- Issue: Unlimited
- Unique presentation pouch
- Also available as: Proof Sterling Silver and Blue Titanium
The oceanic zone is divided into three sections. The epipelagic zone, which is also known as the Daylight zone and receives enough sunlight to support photosynthesis; the mesopelagic zone, which is also known as the Twilight zone and only has a scarce amount of light; the bathypelagic, or Midnight zone which makes up 90% of the ocean and no light penetrates its boundaries.
The range of animals amongst the three zones is diverse and, especially in the lower zones, quite unusual. There are three coins in the series each representing a different zone and featuring the creatures that live in them.
- Daylight Zone – features a dolphin breaking the surface of the water with a Cod Icefish, a Patagonian Toothfish and some Krill swimming below.
- Twilight Zone – displays images of a Barreleye fish, a Comb Jelly, a Lantern fish and a Snipe Eel.
- Midnight Zone – features an Angler fish, a Jellyfish, a Spookfish and a Vampire Squid.
The coins will also be available in Proof Sterling Silver and Blue Titanium. Each coin is produced to the highest quality and struck four times to produce a stunning “proof” finish.
|Government||South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands|
|Coin Metal||Cupro Nickel|
|Metal||Uncirculated Cupro Nickel £2|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
USA delivery charges:
- $0 - $69.99 = $5.00
- $70.00-$149.99 = $8.00
- $150.00-$229.99 = $10.00
- $230.00-$499.99 = $15.00
- $500.00-$749.99 = $20.00
- $750.00-$999.99 = $25.00
- $1000 - $4999.99 = $35.00
- $5,000 + = $50.00
North and South America (Excl USA) delivery charges:
$0 - $49.99 = $10.00
$50.00-$99.99 = $20.00
$100.00-$199.99 = $30.00
$200.00-$499.99 = $40.00
$500.00-$999.99 = $50.00
$1000 - $4999.99 + = 100.00
UPDATE 01/09/21 FOR BRAZIL AND PERU: delivering to Brazil and Peru is temporarily enabled but with restrictions. Due to covid19 local postal services are having issues delivering to certain locations within these two countries and some parcels are getting lost. We are working towards finding a solution but in the meantime, we cannot guarantee safe delivery, the purchase is at buyer's discretion.
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.