Product Code: L1172400
The reverse of this new Titanium coin features the much loved Clownfish; made popular by the Disney film “Finding Nemo” this little fish has a big character both in the film and on the reef! We have tried to capture this personality by producing this coin in orange Titanium in order to match the beautiful colour of the fish. The design shows the Clownfish surrounded by its host Anemone.
The Clownfish also known as Anemonefish are one of the most recognisable fish in the sea. There are thirty different species of the fish of varying size and colour found warm, shallow water across the Indian and Pacific Oceans.
The obverse features the Pobjoy exclusive effigy design of HM Queen Elizabeth II in exceptional detail. As Titanium reacts differently with every strike each of the 7,500 Titanium coins are technically different and vary slightly in colour. There is also a lined effect that is present on the coins which is unique to this metal.
You can find the Clownfish living amongst the tentacles of Sea Anemones and they have a very interesting and mutually beneficial relationship with these plants. The Anemones protect the fish from predators and provides it with scraps of undigested food whilst the Clownfish protects the Anemones from parasites. There are several theories on how the Clownfish survives the venomous tentacles of the Anemone which include an evolved immunity and unique coatings on their skin.
The Anemonefish’s popularity also has its drawbacks. It is estimated that 43% of the global ornamental fish trade now consists of them, and whilst 25% of these fish are bred in captivity, the remaining 75% is taken from reefs across the world. Luckily, when in captivity, if the Anemonefish can’t find an Anemone then it will make its home in some other types of coral.
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
USA delivery charges:
- $0 - $79.99 = $5.00
- $80.00-$149.99 = $7.50
- $150.00-$229.99 = $10.00
- $230.00-$499.99 = $15.00
- $500.00-$749.99 = $20.00
- $750.00-$999.99 = $25.00
- $1000 - $4999.99 = $35.00
- $5,000 + = $50.00
North and South America (Excl USA) delivery charges:
- $0 - $49.99 $7.50
- $50.00-$99.99 $15.00
- $100.00-$199.99 $20.00
- $200.00-$499.99 $30.00
- $500.00-$999.99 $50.00
- $1000 - $4999.99 + $100.00
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.
|Metal||$5 990 Orange Titanium|
You may also like