Sierra Leone 2006 - Animals of Africa Part II - Chimpanzee - Cupro Nickel
- 2006 Uncirculated Cupro Nickel $1
- Issued on behalf of Sierra Leone
- Issue: Unlimited
- Unique presentation pouch
Pobjoy Mint is delighted to announce the release of a second series of 4 coins in the stunning ‘Animals of Africa’ collection due to the success of the first series, featuring a selection of the amazing animals that live on the plains and in the forests of Africa. This fantastic coin features the Chimpanzee, an ape that is found in a vast area of more than 1 million square miles straddling the Equator and is protected within the Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Sierra Leone.
The world's species are facing their biggest crisis since the age of the dinosaurs. Threats from pollution, habitat destruction and climate change are so severe that a recent UN report says 25 per cent of the world's mammals face extinction within 25 years. The Sierra Leone Government is party to environmental agreements to aid endangered species.
This wonderfully dynamic collection portrays each animal at home in its natural habitat in the wilds of the African landscape and features;
- The Impala, a medium-sized African Antelope that has long, ringed horns. These mammals live in huge herds in South Eastern and South Central Africa in open forests, grasslands, and shrubby areas.
- The Chimpanzee, an ape that is found in a vast area of more than 1 million square miles straddling the Equator and is protected within the Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Sierra Leone.
- The Lion, which lives on the grasslands of Africa in groups or prides made up from 2–30 individuals and hunts large grazing animals of the Savanna. The name Sierra Leone translates as Lion Mountains.
- The Camel, nicknamed "ships of the desert" because they walk like the motion of a rolling boat - moving both feet on one side of their bodies, then both feet on the other.
This beautiful collection is available in Unc. Cupro Nickel, Proof Sterling Silver and 24 Carat Gold. All are produced to the highest quality and the precious metal coins have been struck four times to produce a glorious mirror finish background with the design in sculpted relief. The obverse carries the Coat of Arms of Sierra Leone.
|Coin Year||2005 - 2009|
|Coin Metal||Cupro Nickel|
|Metal||Uncirculated Cupro Nickel|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
USA delivery charges:
- $0 - $69.99 = $5.00
- $70.00-$149.99 = $8.00
- $150.00-$229.99 = $10.00
- $230.00-$499.99 = $15.00
- $500.00-$749.99 = $20.00
- $750.00-$999.99 = $25.00
- $1000 - $4999.99 = $35.00
- $5,000 + = $50.00
North and South America (Excl USA) delivery charges:
$0 - $49.99 = $10.00
$50.00-$99.99 = $20.00
$100.00-$199.99 = $30.00
$200.00-$499.99 = $40.00
$500.00-$999.99 = $50.00
$1000 - $4999.99 + = 100.00
UPDATE 01/09/21 FOR BRAZIL AND PERU: delivering to Brazil and Peru is temporarily enabled but with restrictions. Due to covid19 local postal services are having issues delivering to certain locations within these two countries and some parcels are getting lost. We are working towards finding a solution but in the meantime, we cannot guarantee safe delivery, the purchase is at buyer's discretion.
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.