Sierra Leone 2006 - Lost World of the Dinosaurs: Triceratops - Uncirculated Cupro Nickel Coin
- 2006 Uncirculated Cupro Nickel
- Issued on behalf of Sierra Leone
- Issue: Unlimited
- Unique presentation pouch
- Also available as: Proof Sterling Silver
For more than 160 million years the dinosaurs ruled our planet and then mysteriously disappeared. Now these dramatic creatures are celebrated in a new legal tender collection released by Pobjoy Mint on behalf of the Bank of Sierra Leone.
Within the series, this stunning uncirculated cupro nickel collector's coin features the Triceratops which was a fierce looking horned dinosaur that roamed North America feeding on plants.
Each coin features a beautiful image of the featured dinosaur and this impressive collection is available in Uncirculated Cupro Nickel and Proof Sterling Silver. All are produced to the highest quality and the precious metal coins have been struck four times to create the Pobjoy proof finish, producing a glorious mirror finish background with the design in sculpted relief. The obverse carries the Coat of Arms of Sierra Leone.Show more
As evolution and civilisation progresses, man is often responsible for destroying the natural habitat of our wildlife, forcing many closer to extinction. If more are not to follow in the Dinosaurs footsteps we need to start protecting and preserving our wildlife. This four coin series shows the diversity of creatures that have disappeared from our planet and depict in particular.
Coins in the collection include:
- The Tyrannosaurus Rex was the biggest carnivore ever to live on land. Fossils found in North America suggest that it was about twelve metres long, six metres tall and weighed about 8 tons.
- The Brontosaurus weighed more that six fully grown elephants. This massive creature probably spent most of it’s time eating leaves and plants in order to get enough nutrients for its huge body.
- The Stegosaurus was an amazing nine metres long and two tons in weight with a brain that was only the size of a walnut. Its tail was lined with metre long spikes for defence.
- The Triceratops was a fierce looking horned dinosaur that roamed North America feeding on plants.
|Coin Year||2005 - 2009|
|Coin Metal||Cupro Nickel|
|Metal||Uncirculated Cupro Nickel|
Pobjoy Mint aims to dispatch all in stock items within 48 hours.
USA delivery charges:
- $0 - $69.99 = $5.00
- $70.00-$149.99 = $8.00
- $150.00-$229.99 = $10.00
- $230.00-$499.99 = $15.00
- $500.00-$749.99 = $20.00
- $750.00-$999.99 = $25.00
- $1000 - $4999.99 = $35.00
- $5,000 + = $50.00
North and South America (Excl USA) delivery charges:
$0 - $49.99 = $10.00
$50.00-$99.99 = $20.00
$100.00-$199.99 = $30.00
$200.00-$499.99 = $40.00
$500.00-$999.99 = $50.00
$1000 - $4999.99 + = 100.00
UPDATE 01/09/21 FOR BRAZIL AND PERU: delivering to Brazil and Peru is temporarily enabled but with restrictions. Due to covid19 local postal services are having issues delivering to certain locations within these two countries and some parcels are getting lost. We are working towards finding a solution but in the meantime, we cannot guarantee safe delivery, the purchase is at buyer's discretion.
For more details on postage charges please see our Delivery Information page.