Famous Pobjoy Mint Coins
Over several decades, the British Pobjoy Mint has produced many coins and collectors series celebrating significant events and popular culture.
From negotiating publishing rights, designing and producing each coin through to the marketing, these coins have entailed a lot of effort behind the scenes and include;
- Harry Potter Series First in the series produced in 2001
- 1oz Angel Bullion Coin Struck in a range of weights on behalf of the Isle of Man, the 1 oz Angel has proven to be the most popular over many years
- Angry Birds Series Featuring Chuck, Bomb and Red the 2019 collector packs are a standout choice
- Peter Rabbit Series Produced from 1993 the enduringly popular Beatrix Potter character has become a collectors favourite
- Football World Cup Medals From the 1980's Pobjoys produced multiple collectors series of World Cup and UEFA Cup coins and medals complete with presentation packs still popular to this day
- Pokemon Series Originally launched in 2001 the colourful Pokemon characters proved a hit amongst collectors
- 50 Pence Penguins Few releases proved quite as popular in recent years as this series of 50 pence full colour penguins
- Olympic Coins Derek Pobjoy registered the rights for the use of the Olympic word in coin production back in the 1970's. This was unsuccessfully challenged by the Olympic Committee in 2012
Click here to see some of the other most celebrated Pobjoy coins now available on the secondary market.
Buzz Aldrin visits the British Pobjoy Mint 1999